Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Not So Fabulous Mini Me

It's true that a part of you, maybe the worst or the best, finds its way into your children. My husband is Italian and often times wakes up "yelling" (his version of talking in the very early morning). His mini me (aka our daughter) also wakes up out of a dead sleep immediately shouting from her crib. She's so loud you could swear she's right in the bed with you. No, her door is closed and she is small for her age, and the magnitude of her vocal chords is tremendous.

I put her in her highchair after being woken from a dead sleep by her shouting and strange bird calls and she began to get crabby. Very crabby. She was squawking in her chair, pointing her index finger at me and yelling. I swear it made complete sense to her and I was baffled. I stood there wondering if this was directed at me. I made the mistake of making eye contact. She yelled louder and started to jerk her small frame around and then thrash around in her plastic chair. I hurried for her milk and cheerios, apparently not moving fast enough because her finger pointing began to have a rapid movement and now both fingers were being pointed at me.

My husband walked in confused too. Then it hit him. The female infant version of him had woken him up and had caused his morning to start out the wrong way. He was now crabby. There they were two grumps staring each other down in the kitchen.

Had she outdone his own wretched morning behavior? Was he defeated by the one year old little girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment