Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Finding Ways to Sew Love into your Everyday Life

I recently purchased some darling fleece fabric for the children. I let Logan pick his fabric out and I picked out some coordinating chubby bird fabric for Stella. I think I will make blankets for each of them for the cooler months ahead. I used to sew all of the time. I am going to get back into it. One big project at a time, quilts were my thing.

Do you sew? Would you sew?

I think it's relaxing. Very relaxing. I used to bring my sewing machine with me everywhere when I was a kid. My mother had me take lessons from when I was a little girl. Turned out to be excellent for coordination and kept me busy doing good things, instead of doing naughty things. I grew up back east and there were so many awesome things about that - mostly the foliage, I am in the desert now, foliage - not so much!! HA!

I hope that Stella will want to sew and do all the fun girly things I did when I was a kid. Just like I hope Logan will want to do all the cool boy stuff my husband did when he was a kid. Now watch I am a woman who owns 2 pairs of pants and my daughter will be a lil tomboy and my boy will hate sports, HA!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Melissa! Cool Blog! Will you teach me to sew? We bought a sewing machine and have yet to use it.

    ReplyDelete