Sunday, March 14, 2010

Is Santa a Stranger?

Last year our son was 3.5 years old. He was extremely uncomfortable with the thought of a stranger coming into our home and sneaking around eating our homemade cookies and leaving presents under the tree. Last year we tucked him in and minutes later he snuck out to double check that the doors were in fact bolted shut. He also slept with his door slightly ajar, something he never does. This year we were hoping that sentiment would be forgotten. That he would be so excited for Christmas and Santa that "locking him out" wouldn't be an option this year. WRONG. Once again he asked me to put the cookies and milk outside for this alleged "jolly old man". He told me Santa could just leave the presents outside and I could get up early and put them under the tree. Lucky Me!!!!!

We are hoping he does not turn into the older sibling who ruins Christmas for his younger sister by telling her it's all bogus. We are prepared.

Last year we also hid some wrapped presents in the oversized luggage we keep in our clothing closet. This year he asked my husband if there any presents in the luggage, "because last year Daddy there was". What? Is he serious? He remembers that? Why don't I remember anything from my childhood? And I have a toddler who remembers everything? Ugh.

So in a few more days Christmas will be upon us and our son will be running around checking the locks on the doors. I hope your holiday is filled with as much humor and very sweet moments like this!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment