Friday, April 2, 2010

When You're Forgotten

Easily done right? It's easy to forget things? But your child's birthday? The date you were married? There is forgetfulness and there is stupidity. Why would you call your son and ask him for the name of a restaurant...so you could buy a gift certificate for your son's in laws? All the while forgetting to say "happy birthday son". Really? Isn't this bizarre?

Or how about this one. "Your sister is engaged. Her ring is bigger and brighter than yours. Just like her career....as a lawyer...." ARGH....

You see these types of comments make a sane person feel crazy. These kinds of ignorant statements enrage people.

And what's worse? When it comes from your immediate family members. Ummm....yes I said....immediate family members.

I am sure you can feel my excitement when I say as a general statement, "not a fan". It is my sincere hope that when my children are older I do not make such forgetful and careless comments. I don't want them to feel unloved and unwanted. I want them to know that no matter what I am not disappointed. I won't turn them against each other either. And I won't pretend to be someone or have something that I really don't...like money...

I am not married to a lawyer and my best friends don't want me to pretend I am...so I have no one to show off too...I am not here to pretend I am rich and live some out of whack lifestyle. I am normal. With normal possessions, not a closet full of Chanel or Louboutins...but normal stuff...and I like it that way....I am OK with that...and it's taken me a long time to be OK with that...but I am.....

So to the phony people, I say... "RELAX"...your behavior exhibits signs that you are a major ass clown. Cut that shit out.

No comments:

Post a Comment