Monday, September 14, 2009

Turning 30 - Diamonds or Stainless Steel Pots and Pans

Good evening fellow readers!!

I had a moment recently of wanting to acquire a diamond ring that isn't really in our budget. Let's call it a 'brat' moment shall we. Sigh. I have decided against the silly purchase and have found that I have made a much wiser choice. The Cuisinart Multi Clad Pro Stainless Steel 12 piece cookware set. It is a cook's dream. Preferably for someone who wishes they were a professional but merely has the marvelous tools to be a professional, not the education or skill. I have a love of cooking, sometimes it's so fierce, it's all I think about. Sometimes I am consumed with planning elaborate meals. Maybe that's why our children are such good eaters. What little kid eats brie on a sesame breadstick? Mine do.

I have already thought of the delicious treats I will make in my new cookware. Osso bucco and seared flank with caramelized red onions and apples. Omelets for the morning time and apple pancakes for the heck of it!!!

It's moments like these when you realize a diamond doesn't define who you are, now matter how caught up in one you get, it's just a ring for you to enjoy. But cookware has longevity and memories for our little family. And hopefully one day our children will remember these meals and so will I.

No comments:

Post a Comment