Friday, September 11, 2009

A Subscription Down Memory Lane

I subscribed to Martha Stewart Living a long time ago. had her mags neatly stacked in chronological order, for about 5 years straight. Every fabulous cocktail party or holiday dinner I served was somehow tied into one of her fabulous issues.

After I had children I stopped a lot of my magazine subscriptions. I recently started picking them back up again. After I had Logan I subscribed to Cookie Mag (Fabulous mag for mamas and their families). It's a great read too. It never forgets the Mothers and always focuses on the right ideas for your family.

I often obsess about the style section. I "accidentally" purchased a few dresses featured in this section. It reminds you to not forget how fabulous you can be...even with minis in the picture.

Back to Martha. I received my first issue of Martha tonight. After the children went to bed I sat down and read it. And found myself in love...again....years/issues later....jail time and all....she was still one of the most fabulous/creative women ever.

I adore Martha, so much that it's bizarre. I think she is an amazing woman, with great, fresh ideas for everything. I read it from front to back and then back again. My mind was racing of the million different ideas I could create from that one 1/2 inch thick issue.

I recall my years of Martha and surprsingly how often I took the issues out and constantly did projects in them. Page after page of clever idea. And I took the time to meticulously recreate her ideas. I still have some and love them.

I am elated I rejoined the MS club, she is a club worth belonging too no matter what kind of Mother you are!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment